I know of quite a few people, who want to try henna but are scared of starting off with the full henna treatment.
Some reasons are:
- I don’t want bright red or any red colour, I just want the conditioning properties
- I like my curl pattern and I don’t want henna to ruin my natural curl pattern
- I heard it can make my hair dry and brittle
- The process is too long and tedious
- I just want the strengthening effects of henna, not anything else
For people like this, I recommend a henna gloss or variations of the henna gloss treatment. I do this when I don’t have much time and I don’t have the energy to spend a long time washing out henna from my hair. I also use it when I want both moisture and strengthening. Its very simple, but since it’s kept in for four hours, the strengthening effects and dye release will be less than in a full henna treatment.
This what I do:
My henna treatment has the same ingredients and I use the same materials from my full henna treatment. The process is also the same except:
I add a light silicone free conditioner, I usually use Tressemme Naturals silicone free conditioner, instead of water.
I don’t let the dye release, I mix the ingredients, then use it after about 30minutes.
I keep it in my hair for about 4 hours without heat.
Afterwards, my hair is always soft, shiny and with some strengthening.