I have short hair, it’s just above my shoulders, neck length. It’s growing and I really should have more patience but if I could will it to grow faster so I have long healthy hair, I would. Waist length hair when stretched which would be about mid back length with my shrinkage (that’s what I dream of). Thick gorgeous coily kinky hair that is, key word here, LONG.
The reality though is that my hair is short and I have to enjoy my hair being short. At whatever length it is, I have to enjoy my hair and all the advantages each length has. Therefore, here are some advantages of short hair, for the long haired ladies who want to cut their hair; for girls who want to keep their hair short and for those who are growing their hair and need some encouragement or reminders on why short hair rocks:
- Less time in doing your hair, whether it’s styling, washing or detangling
- Stronger ends, since they’re not as old as the ends would be with longer hair. This means fewer split or frayed ends, less tangles and less fragile ends
- Short hair styles can be so cute and hard to fake when you have longer hair
- Better to experiment with, for example, when dyeing or when trying new products. This might sound weird, but you might as well experiment with short hair than with long hair since new growth is stronger
- You are free to have hand in hair syndrome, since your hair is stronger to withstand constant manipulation at this length
- Water is all you need. At some short lengths, not much is needed to be done. Washing hair and going is easier at short lengths for most hair textures, air drying is faster and tangles are not as big an issue as they would be with longer hair
- Short hair is cheaper, less products, less time and in some cases, less effort
- Protective styling is not as important since hair doesn’t touch shoulders and rub against clothing. So hair can be free more often.
If you have short hair, what do you like about it?