Time for a hair update.
My hair has grown (stands up and does a victory dance). Obviously my hair has grown, because that is what it does, it grows, we just have to be patient and try to retain as much length as we can. Honestly, I’ve been a little lax on taking care of my hair. I haven’t moisturized it as often as I should have and there were days when my hair would get tangles and I was too lazy too untangle it. I have to get back to treating it like silk, my hand in hair syndrome seems to be getting worse.
The Good News:
1. Again, it’s grown. The back is actually past collar bone length, the front past my nose.
2. The shedding I experienced has significantly decreased – I believe this is due to detangling more thoroughly, although not as often. I now use a wide toothed comb along with my fingers.
3. My fine and fragile strands seems stronger, mostly due to regular protein treatments.
4. My edges are filling in, thanks to castor oil and protecting them.
The Bad News:
1. My hair has started to tangle more at the roots, which I’m trying to figure out how to deal with.
2. I’ve noticed my ends are a little frazzled and I have seen a few split ends, although I dust my ends approximately every two months.
I usually get box braids/twists, yarn braids or wigs to protect my hair. I went two whole months with my hair out which was liberating and taught me how be more creative with my hair, especially for work. I ended up doing a lot of updos for workThe shedding I experienced has significantly decreased – I believe this is due to detangling more thoroughly, although not as often. I now use a wide toothed comb along with my fingers.
Here are a few pics: